Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Merci!



The wonderful curate at my Church, Vanessa, has been a treasure this past year when we've been without a Vicar. So I've made her this girly, glittery Thank you card! The fairy is a newish Lili of the Valley stamp - they are all gorgeous, but this one in particular flew into my basket!

The sketch is from the current Wild Orchid Challenge and I turned it on its side to fit in the oval image. The papers are K and Co, the flowers are Wild Orchid, the ribbon is from stash. I stickled the star with gold and her wings with Icicle and Waterfall and had another go at overlapping part of the image when using a Nestie. I really like the effect, I think it gives a bit more oomph to the image!

The sentiment is PB - I went for the French to give an exotic air!

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting as much as I should (slaps wrist!). My hubby's laptop has been misbehaving so he pinched mine several times so that he could play his Civilisation game! Luckily, the cavalry, named Martin, came today and fixed it. Huzza! Technology is great, but so annoying when it goes wrong!

I hope you're all staying bright and warm on this grey, chilly day. Typical Spring, innit?

Thanks for looking!

luv, Mags x

Promarkers: Blush, Dusky Pink, Pastel Pink; Cool Grey 3, 4, 5; Mustard; Blue Pearl, Orchid, Pastel Blue; Lime
Blue Liquid Pearls dotting the scallopped Nestie
Broken China DI edging the image
Woodware Leaf punch for the leaves

6 comments:

Melly said...

Oh Mags
This is just stunning! I adore this image and those papers are perfectly girly and bright!
I dont pop by for a while and you make some amazing cards!
Adore them all hehe!
Hugs melly xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful Mags, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Christine L said...

Beautiful card mags... love that image.... which is in my stash and hasn't been used yet!
Hugs
Christine x

melsanford said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love the glittery wings :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

coops said...

stunning card mags.i love the beautiful image and really gorgeous colours and details :D

xx coops xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Mags
sorry not visited for awhile not too well, and abit down.
Fabulous card , wonderful image and design.
Thanks for telling me about my win , the ribbons, have emailed 3 times but no reply as yet.
janex