Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Claudia the Artist



This is Claudia the Artist, by Elisabeth Bell for Sugar Nellie - I love her loose trousers and long hair, very arty! The great sketch is from the current Sugar Bowl Challenge, and the optional theme is 'Birthdays.' I used a Whiff of Joy die to make the tiny tag, which I distressed with Broken China and stickled, and wrote '21 today'.

I'm also entering the Wild Orchid Challenge and they want at least 3 layers, plus embossing.

The papers are Pink Petticoat, and I put the vertical strip through a 'Daisies' embossing folder and my trusty Cuttlebug. I used a Nestie to die-cut the image, and did the trick of drawing round the die on the matting card to give a narrow border. I distressed in Broken China, then stamped some Whiff of Joy Christmas flourishes, also in Broken China, and dabbed some stickles on top.

I die-cut and stickled a Magnolia swirl, and used a MS doily lace punch on the horizontal strip, and the spotty ribbon is from Hobbycraft. The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts, and the gold embellie (what is it called? It's not a pin) is from the late, lamented Art and Craft shop in Hoddesdon. The leaves are also a Magnolia die. I put stickles on the flowers, too!

When I'd finished the topper I wasn't happy with it, it looked a bit heavy, but once it was on the card, and had a white border, it looked much better! That's the amazing thing about craft, or art - there's always something new to learn!

Thanks for looking, all, and have a good evening!

luv, Mags x

Promarkers: Blush, Dusky Pink, Pastel Pink; Henna, Cocoa, Burnt Sienna; Powder Blue, Cool Grey 1

10 comments:

Macpurp said...

this is so very pretty! I adore the layout and the colours you have used.

Love teen x

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card, gorgeous colours and embellies.
Hugs Emma x

coops said...

stunning cards mags.i love the image and the embossed swirls are fab.gorgeous colours and details too :D

xx coops xx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! I love those flourishes and the flowers are beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

NGCARDS said...

A lovely card hun and I have to say them cookies below look yummy!!! xxx

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Mags, the flowers are stunning and I love your swirl...so pretty :) Donna x

Janet said...

Beautiful x

Melly said...

Aww just so pretty!
Haven't seen this image for ages! Shes just as beautiful as I remember! Gorjuss!
Hugs M xxx

Lin said...

Gorgeous. Lovely soft colours, the image is beautiful and the embossed swirls on the edge of the mat are so pretty.

Lin xx

Kitika said...

Mags, your card is delightful. Your flower clusters are always so gorgeous!
I wish you inspiration in your creations.
with best wishes from the country of smiles :)