Thursday, 29 September 2011

Anyone for Anya meets Wild Orchid!



It's another Christmas card! It's also another faded photo - those reds and greens are a bit darker irl.

I found a pack of gold card in my stash the other day which I thought would look good with the Dovecraft 'Noel' pack. So I got out my favourite Anya and coloured her in Christmas Speccies et voila!

I may have overdone the Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, but once I started I couldn't stop! The gorgeous metal corner is also from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The frame is cut with a Go Kreate Frilly Square 6. I used a Marianne die for the swirl and an X-Cut die for the star. The sentiment is LotV and the starry red ribbon was a magazine freebie last year.

I'm entering two challenges: Anyone for Anya? has the lovely sketch (I hope I haven't covered it up too much!!)

The current Wild Orchid Challenge is 'Make it sparkle with stars!' - well, there are stars on the ribbon and also one die-cut in the corner!

It seems so odd to be making a Christmas card on such a gorgeous sunny day!

Thanks for looking, and I hope the sun is shining on you - literally and metaphorically!

luv, Mags x

Spectrum Noirs: Green set - 163, 48, 43, 51; Red set - 5, 3; Yellow set - 35, 38, 45; Skin tones - 132, 133, 142, 196.

8 comments:

Christine L said...

Hi Mags...
Lovin this card... I always love traditional reds, greens and gold so it's right up my street. The image is fab too!
It's Friday morning now, and the sun is still shining... let's keep our fingers crossed for the weekend!
Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

gorgeous card mags.stunning image and colours and i love the flowers and ornate corners :D

xx coops xx

melsanford said...

Oh I love this image! gorgeous colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carole of Brum said...

This is smashing, I love all those flowers and the way you matted the image in the diecuts. CoB

Carole of Brum said...

This is smashing. I love all those flowers and the way you matted the image in the die cuts. CoB

Carole of Brum said...

This is smashing. I love all those flowers and the way you matted the image in the die cuts. CoB

Kylie said...

Adorable! thanks for joining us at WOC this week.
Hugs Kylie

Bev said...

Wow this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this week x