A vintage wedding card

Evening, all! Well, the 'flu has gone, huzza! I really appreciate being able to breathe again! And I can read without falling asleep - always a bonus!

My daughter's ex-boss married her girlfriend today, so now I can show the card I made for them.

I've never made a card for a same-sex marriage before, but this beautiful Lovebirds image from Squiggle Stamps came to the rescue.

It's sad that Squiggle Stamps are closing, but some of their images will be available through The Stamping Shack

I coloured the digi image with Sunkissed Pink and Rose Peach Flexmarkers, and also with Sakura Stardust pens which add a lovely gleam that the camera hasn't picked up, chiz. I used a Nestie to cut out the image and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The card is ivory coloured, and I cut the edge of the front with a Magnolia die and also distressed with Vintage Photo. The papers are Bearly Mine Vintage, from the Snippets Box. The gorgeous lace is from The Ribbon Girl. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist, and the leaves are cut from another snippet with a Woodware Punch.

Apparently the Happy Couple loved it! Result!

I'm going to pop this into Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge I bags a go on the swing, we'll make a huge heap of fallen leaves in front of it and jump off at the highest point! At least, we'll do that until the Headmistress forbids it for being dangerous! (Spoilsport!)

Have a fab weekend, everyone, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

Sue said…
This is so beautiful Mags, I love the image and the soft colours with those pretty embellishments
I'm glad you are starting to feel better, I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue
Lythan said…
Dear Mags,

thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, it means a lot. I adore this card - I would so love to be able to make ones like this but never manage it as well as you do. I think the image is just perfect!
Di said…
Hi Mags, fabulous card - it works so well for the happy couple too. Love the lace and roses, and that image is just perfect!

Now, about this leaf jumping competition........I despair :(

Di
xx
Kraftylittlebox said…
Beautiful design, so pretty. I'm not surprised the happy couple loved it :) xx Klair
coops said…
so beautiful mags.gorgeous soft colours and flowers and i love the image :D

xx coops xx
Sarn said…
What a great idea for a same-sex wedding. Wouldn't have had a clue what to make for it!

Lovely snippets card.

Hugs
Sarn xxx
mags said…
A gorgeous card Mags. The image is just perfect and love the soft colours and embellishments.
Mags
x
Unknown said…
Hi Mags, not surprised they loved it - it's a gorgeous card. Really sweet image and beautiful colours.

Sarah
scrappymo! said…
Perfect card for the 2 brides!
Lovely image and a lovely job of it!
Anonymous said…
awesome card, love the flowers and the lovely birdies, the lace and punch is great too!

Congrats to your friends on their marriage! I hope Australia comes through to allow Same Sex marriage soon, I know my friend would appreciate it!

Take Care!
Sally H said…
What a gorgeous card, Mags! Really beautiful subtle colouring
MaryH said…
A beautiful wedding card. The soft colors, attention to the detailed diecuts used, the frilly lace, lovely flowers, distressing to look vintage...what's not to love? Perfect card for a happy occasion. TFS
what a gorgeous card, image ,design and flowers so romantic. janex

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.