Card for Gill



I got into cardmaking by way of Teabag Folded Greetings cards by Kim Reygate Sorry there isn't a picture of the lovely cover of the book.

I was able to say hello to Kim at Ally Pally and bought the rainbow stamp pad from her. I hope I didn't squee like a teenaged fangirl!

Kim doesn't just use pre-printed teabag papers, she makes her own out of patterned paper or paper she's previously decorated, cutting the squares with a punch.

I stamped 12 images with a cube stamp, as inspired by Kim's book, using a Kaleidacolor rainbow stamp,and a scalloped square punch to cut them out, made the rosette, matted it on yellow card, and put it against a background of 4 of the squares matted on the same yellow card. I glittered part of the rosette to look like Catherine Wheel spokes.

The background is glittered striped card. The card is for a friend who detests 'cute and girly'!

Recipe: A4 white paper,
Kaleidacolor Riviera rainbow dye pad,
Impression Obsession Delft Cube 4 H1637
Woodware Scalloped Square punch
DP is DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy


ETA: A link to the Amazon page for Kim's book is here

Also there was a beautiful New Moon with the Old Moon in its arms tonight, a slender fingernail of silver light with a dim shadow of the rest of the moon just visible beside it. Lovely!

Comments

Jules said…
Hi Mags

Your card is gorgeous.

I love your multi-coloured squares and your tea-bag folding is so neat. A great look.

I too have that book. I find it so inspirational.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.