It's a grey and gloomy Thursday



But at least the weekend isn't far off! On Saturday I'm going with my neighbour's son to a concert of videogame music at the Albert 'All. He has never seen a live orchestral concert! Nor has he eaten Japanese, so we're going to Wagamama for our grub. Yum!

Enough waffling! This card, you won't be surprised to learn, is for a Harry Potter fan! The image ('The Brave One') is from Bugaboo, their Har Repotter set.

The papers are very shiny, the stripes and the spots are gold. They're Papermania's 'A Silent Night' stack - gorgeous burgundies and greens and gold! I've had them a year and this is, I think, the first time I've used any. But if I don't use my papers I'll soon be buried under a heap of them, and there won't be room to buy more!!

I used my new Marianne Christmas Stars border die, threaded with yellow ribbon from Hobbycraft. The flowers are yellow Prima and red Wild Orchid, and I punched fronds with a Nellie Snellen punch. The sentiment is LotV. I stickled the wand and round the edge of the oval to look as if she's casting a spell.

I'll list the Promarkers at the end.

I'm entering this into the Sketch Saturday challenge - I turned the sketch on its side then had to move the placement of the flowers, so I hope that counts!

Well, it's Thursday so that means ironing! Thanks for looking!

C ya!

luv, Mags x

Promarkers: Ruby, Poppy, Crimson; Caramel, Cocoa, Burnt Sienna, Sunflower, Gold; Blush, Dusky Pink, Pastel Pink.

Comments

coops said…
stunning card mags.your colours and design are gorgeous and i love the fab image :D

xx coops xx
KarenB said…
Ooh I love this, you did a fab job with the Griffendor colours too :)
Bente said…
Beautiful card, the papers and image looks soo lovely.
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday last week.
Hugs, Bente
Anonymous said…
Great Card Mags!

I raelly love the border die, thats amazing!

Beautiful colours and colouring in of the image!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.