Shadow stamping and brads!

What a week! It began with a builder coming to look at a cracked gutter. It ended with urgent work to repair rotten timbers in the roof. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

However, my son and his family are on their way to us to stay for the weekend, and there is a delicious chick pea curry simmering on the stove, so all is not lost. And I made a card!


While sorting through my old wood stamps I came across this shadow stamp, by Anita's. I stamped it in Olive Versacolor ink and added three brads that came from Lakeland in the days when they still did crafts. The borders are a stripy paper from the snippets box, and the sentiment is by Docrafts.

The trickiest bit was cutting the white stamped card to the right size so that it would be balanced! CAS cards often take me just as long as more complicated cards, and I always have to chuck out my first efforts before I get it right!

I'm entering The Glitter n Sparkle Challenge who want metal on your submission - the brads are all metal.

Thanks for looking, I hope you all have a great weekend!

love Mags B x

Comments

Mrs A. said…
That's perfect. Those brads really go with the stripy paper just made for one another even. Hugs Mrs a.
Sue said…
Fabulous card Mags, I love the layout and beautiful colours.
hugs Sue xx
Sharon said…
Its amazing what you can do with forgotten stamps Mags. This is gorgeous and love the colours.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family. Think I may join you for some curry!!!
Hugs Sharon. x
mags said…
This is a lovely CAS style card MagsB. Love it.
Hope you have a fab weekend.
Mags
x
MaryH said…
Lovely card, and I really liked the simplicity of it, letting your pretty squares & striped trim take center stage. Well done! Your chick pea curry has me drooling. Love chick peas. Didn't know one could make curry from them! LOL. Good luck with the repairs. Enjoy your family too! TFS & Hugs
Sarn said…
Terrific card. Wishing you a happy family weekend.
xxx
Pat (mspfd) said…
Gosh, this is a wonderful cas design! Love the fact that with just a change of sentiment this design would be perfect for just about any occasion.
MaryH said…
Hi again, and thanks for the chickpea link. I zipped out, copied & pasted the recipe into Word, so hopefully I can check it out when I get home. I love chickpeas! On anything. DH is not a big fan, but maybe I can adapt the recipe to suit Moi! Thanks so much for taking the time to get the link for me. Hugs & Happy Sunday
Dianne said…
Chick pea curry yummy, love the card, using you old stamp was perfect here, love the brads, thanks for sharing..
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.the shadow stamping is fab and i love your cas design :D

xx coops xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.