Dream Valley DT Challenge #133 Vintage

Good morning! It's Monday already - where did the weekend go? To cheer you up we have a new challenge at Dream Valley and our theme is Vintage A great excuse to go overboard with lace, flowers, distressing and pretty papers!

Our sponsor is the amazing Crafty Ribons


Here is my card:


My background paper is from an 8 x 8 'Floral Pavilion' pad by First Edition, and I distressed the edges of the paper and the card base with Vintage Photo. The sentiment is from a very old Penny Black sentiment set and says 'Happiness is time spent with a Friend.'

I had the oval frame in my stash, it was rather brash white plastic so I dabbed Cranberry and Terracotta Alcohol Inks by Ranger onto it. The shape behind is cut with a Spellbinders die from the 5 x 7 Heirloom Legacy set, and it is also distressed with Vintage Photo.

The vine is cut with a Spellbinders Floral Bundle die, the flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts and the lace and gem swirls are from stash.

'Vintage' is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed making this card! Go and see my teamies' creation and be inspired to join in the Challenge!

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

Mrs A. said…
Would never have known your frame started out life as plain white plastic. Looks very vintage along with your gorgeous floral display. Hugs Mrs A.
KraftyKoolKat said…
So beautiful Mags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.