My Time to Craft DT Challenge #340 Travel

Evening, all! I hope you are all having a good weekend. The evenings are getting noticeably longer now, and Spring is on its way! Though on sunny days the sun shining through the windows shows me that they really need a good clean!

Are you planning your holibobs yet? Because our new Challenge at My Time to Craft! is Travel. So that means boats, aeroplanes, cars, motorbikes - you get the idea.

I have this very, very old wood-mounted stamp, I've had it for years. It's not the easiest to stamp, being big and also full of tiny details. I tried embossing in white and painting a wash of watercolour over it, and it just did not work. Then I tried Versafine Onyx Black, which is so good for fine detail, but it was too stark. Sepia Versafine was just dull. Finally I went for Mama Elephant's Stargazer pigment ink. Success! It was annoying that my previous ideas didn't work, but all that practice in stamping meant the final image came out really well!!!


I added a touch of Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen on the yacht and the shell. The arrow die-cut was made with a MFT Die-namics die from the Blueprints 13 set and the sentiment is from Bon Voyage by Lawn Fawn. The mat was cut with a Mama Elephant die sadly there's no name on the packet) and I tied twine from stash around it.

Have a look at my teamies' inventive variations on the theme, and be inspired to join in!

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

Lynne in NI said…
Glad you stuck with it Mags, it looks fab in blue!
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is so gorgeous Mags and well worth all your patience.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Sounds too difficult for me Mags, but what a beautiful result, after trying so hard, it has turned out to be, Love the layering and dies you used to enhance the stamp.
Faith
x
MaryH said…
I hear you on the big wooden stamps. (My Bonnie's Best stamp press works great for these). Your final effort turned out quite splendid though. I like the blue inking with the subject of the stamp image too. Brilliant idea to try the white embossing with a wash. Too bad that didn't work out as you wished. The blue looks very 'sea-ish', so you ended up with a great card. Also liking the postage die cut to present it. I'v enot used Mama Elephant ink, but I'm liking the Altenew cubes for layering. TFS & Hope your wkend was a good one. I think some areas in the UK & Scotland were having some rough weather. Ours has been quite pleasant, aside from some heavy noisy wind yesterday.
This is just fabulous, I love that stamp hun
Hugs Shell xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.