The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #17

Morning, all! I hope everyone is ok this morning, especially those in the British Isles hit by Storm Ophelia yesterday. It was a bit blowy in S-E Herts, and the sky turned a strange reddish-sepia: I remember 'red dust' from a couple of times in the 60s and 70s when I was at school, but never anything like that! Fortunately the sky is clear and the sun is shining today.

How are you doing with your Christmas cards? The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is here to encourage you! As usual, our theme is Anything Christmas Goes!

In my never-ending quest to use up my patterned papers I investigated Youtube and found a tutorial on making a pleated card here by a talented lady called Crazy Paper Chick.


The paper isn't actually Christmas, but I love the pattern! I scored a piece of 10" x 5" paper at 1" and half an inch alternately, trimmed out a truncated diamond, and folded.

Then I re-folded because I had the wrong side of the paper facing up!!!

The card is for someone who isn't religious, so I added a 'holiday cheer' sentiment from Paper Smooches' Christmas Sampler set. The banner is from Streamers by Paper Smooches. The birds are by Lawn Fawn.

I added a dot of Platinum Stickles to the centres of the crosses on the paper, and went round the edge with a white gel pen.

It's not the usual type of Christmas card, but I enjoyed making it!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

love Mags B x

Comments

SUPER folds and card, what a Great idea Mags, a Great card.
Faith
x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Gorgeous, so effective Mags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Megan J said…
Hi Mags, a beautiful card, love the paper and it works well for this Christmas card and the little birds are so cute... hope the red dust has settled and not made too much of a mess as it does when we have the desert winds spread red earth across our area, have a wonderful week... Megan
Lynne in NI said…
Wow, cool effect with your fancy folds, the doodled edge highlights it beautifully.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.