Dream Valley DT card Something Old Something New


It's time for another Dream Valley Challenge! Last time the 'Steampunk' theme was rather difficult, but now we have a nice and easy Challenge that everyone will enjoy - Something Old, Something New.

It's an excuse to show off your new stuff as well as digging in your neglected stash!

I'm sure many of you will recognise the Lili of the Valley Holly Wreath from last Christmas, and also the sentiment. I coloured in the image last January when I bought the stamp, using Spectrum Noirs - apologies, I don't have the list, after all this time! The ribbon was a freebie from 'Quick Cards' and it's at least a year old!

The 'Something New' is the fabulous paper, from one of the beautiful new LotV paper pads. This gorgeous design by Laila is my favourite, because it reminds me of the fabric I used to make my children's Christmas Stockings over 20 years ago!

Have a look at my teamies' fab contributions, and have a go yourself! But please say in your post which of your materials is OLD and which is NEW!

I'm about to schedule this post (hope it works better than last time!!) because when you read it I'll be on my holibobs in the wonderful Lake District! It's now Tuesday night and I'm listening to one of my all-time favourite pieces of music, Mozart's 'Marriage of Figaro' on the Proms. Such fabulous music!

Thanks for looking, and have a great week!

love Mags B x

Comments

Joey said…
Mags this is fabulous, love the gold. Joey x
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.i love the traditional image and colours :D

xx coops xx
mags said…
Beautiful card MagsB. Hope you have a good holiday.
Mags
x
Anonymous said…
Lovely Christmas card Mags the Holly Christmas bush leaves all look swell with that background paper!
Christine L said…
Fab card Mags... love that image and the way you have put the card together!

Hugs
Christine x
Gorgeous card, love the paper its perfect for your image!
Hugs Shell xx
gorgeous Christmas card Mags. Hope you have a wonderful time on your hols, I love the lakes beauty all around and some smashing pubs. We loved Shrewsbury I've heard folks that move there never want to leave. janex
Jules said…
Hi Mags

I love to see holly on Christmas cards .. .. and love your card too.

Can't believe you didn't keep that list of Spectrum Noir colours LOL!!!

Hope you are having good week.

Love Jules xx
Vicky said…
Hi sweetie loving this fabulous creation, the colours are gorgeous.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
coldwaters2 said…
Gorgeous card Mags I really love the image and papers the mirri card really shows up beautifully.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Lynne in NI said…
Beautiful card Mags, love your pretty DP.
Hope you're having a fab hol and the weather has been kind to you!
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Mags, I love the image

Hugs Sue

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.