Dream Valley Challenges #82 Things With Wings

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. We have sunshine in S-E Hertfordshire, what a difference it makes, everyone seems so cheerful when the sun shines!

Unfortunately I have been fighting off a cold this past few days and it's now Cold - 1, Maggie - 0! I am mainlining Beecham's powders, they taste vile!!

Enough medical talk! There's another lovely challenge at Dream Valley and it's Things With Wings - very suitable, I think, with the birds flying about building nests.

Our fabulous sponsor is Kenny K and the prize is 3 digis!

I used Devilish Donna for my card, which is made for a Goth chick of my acquaintance!


I coloured her with Spectrum Noirs, glittered her wings, and then cut her out.

The card base is made with purple centura pearl, embossed with a big Spellbinders M-bossibilities folder. I stamped a polka dot border with an MFT stamp called Large Scale Backgrounds - I tried to do an ombre effect. The sentiment on the banner is from Paper Smooches' Sentiment Sampler stamp set, and I heat embossed it in white, then sponged Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender Distress Inks over it.

At the edge of the banner is a strip of black glitter card punched with a Fiskars border punch. I wound some grey embroidery floss around the card, and the metal charm below the bow was a gift from my daughter.

Do fly over to see the lovely creations my teamies have made, and then join in!

Thanks for looking, and have a lovely week!

love Mags B x

Comments

Sue said…
Fabulous card Mags. I love the image and brilliant design.
Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. I hope you are better soon.
Sue xx
Sharon said…
This is fabulous Mags. Love the image and design.
The sun has been gorgeous -long may it last.
Hugs Sharon. x
Jules said…
We're on the way to Wembley!!! Yay!!!

Catching up at last Mags. Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Loving your card here. Great image and I love the background very much.

Hope all is well with you and that you had a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx
mags said…
A gorgeous card Mags. You have coloured the image beautifully and love the colours. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Mags
x
FABULOUS card, love the large sentiment and your charm.
coops said…
love this mags.stunning purple colours and your design and image are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx
Just love it hun, my favourite colour & the charm looks perfect!
Hope your feeling better now
hugs Shell xx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags this is gorgeous what fantastic colours you have used they really suit her, the design and the wing charm look smashing
hugs
lorraine x
Love your brilliant card Mags. There are so many fabby elements to it. The embossed sentiment background works so brilliantly. Your daughter's lovely angel wing is the perfect finish to this gorgeous card too. Such a fun and sassy image. Love it! Hugs, Wends x
mixamatoasties said…
ooooh I love this! Fab card.

Hope you're feeling better now.

xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.