Hydrangea and Butterfly.

Hi, guys! I have been on my Church's Flower-arranging Team for the past few years, guided by a wonderful lady named Shirley. She is a Jedi Master and I her humble Padawan. She has a wonderful phrase to remind us not to make the arrangement too tight: "Leave room for the butterflies!"

She is moving away this Spring to be nearer her daughters. I will miss her so much, even though I know it's the right thing to do. I wanted to make a very personal card for her, so I used a stamp set that came free (along with a stencil) with a cardmaking magazine a couple of months ago. Hydrangeas and butterflies are featured!


I coloured the images with Copics having added the butterfly above the flower. I rounded the corners and added Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the edges. The sentiment says: "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies" which I thought was quite appropriate. I added clear Wink of Stella to the blooms, butterfly wings and caterpillar.

The background paper has a subtle white and fawn damask pattern. I used some pink Centura Pearl card to make the card base. Even my hubby likes this one!!!

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

KraftyKoolKat said…
This is so pretty Mags and just the right card for your lady Shirley.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Lynne in NI said…
So pretty, and very clever to include your butterfly reference - bet your friend LOVED this!
Gorgeous card, so VERY pretty and just the thing for the lady in question.
Faith
x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.