Gather ye rosebuds while ye may

Hi guys! I can't tell you how glad I am this week's over, I've been laid-up with tonsillitis and it was vile! I've been living on soup while the Old Man tucked into steak, pork chop, bacon sarnie... all cooked by me, please note, but just too painful to eat!

My neighbour has been a Tower of Strength, she even noticed I was running low on hankies and bought me some more when she was out shopping. So I have made her a thank you card.


The image and the papers were both magazine freebies, they are taken from 'The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady' - such a beautiful book, Edith Holden was an incredibly talented artist!

I used Speccies to colour the image and added stickles to the flower centres, and distressed with Bundled Sage ink while still in the die. The butterflies are made with a Martha Stewart punch and also stickled. The flowers are made with two sizes of Woodware Daisy punches and have a tiny pink gem in the middle, the leaves are also from a Woodware punch, and the gems and ribbons are from stash.

The sentiment is LotV, also distressed in Bundled Sage while still in the die, I like the effect it gives, and also it saves cutting out a contrasting mat!


Here's an inside shot, on this pic you can more clearly see the Spellbinders Parisian borders that edge the ribbon.

I hope none of you is having to cope with yet more flooding, it's crazy how a bit of rain can cause such trouble. Stay dry and warm, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Speccies: LG2, 3, 4, 5; PP1, 2, 3, 4; CT1, 2

Comments

Doreen said…
Beautiful card,love the image and fab colours.xxx
Sue said…
This is so beautiful Mags. I love the image and the soft colours are perfect.
I hope you are feeling loads better soon
Hugs Sue
Di said…
beautiful card there Mags, I adore Edith Holden's work too.

Feel free to totally copy the Memory Die Christmas tree card - blog it, use it for competitions/challenges or whatever. I just felt that the white was a good starting point for its first outing :)

Hugs, Di xx
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear you've been suffering Mags, tonsillitis is a horrid illness and l totally sympathise. Hope you are on the mend.

A lovely thought by your neighbour and a truly wonderful card to say thanks, l'm sure she was thrilled with it.

Have a lovely Sunday xx
Hettie said…
What a gorgeous card for you to make for your neighbour and what a kind neighbour to warrant such a card.
Sorry to hear you have been poorly. It must have been soo hard cooking a bacon buttie and then not to eat it.
Thanks for visiting. Off to see your card below as it looks gorgeous too.
Don't forget it is Sandra's Rudolph Day today!
xx
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.i love your pretty flowers and really beautiful colours.i hope you are feeling better soon.

xx coops xx
scrappymo! said…
Lovely card. Those design papers are gorgeous too!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.