Babies and blankets

Hi, guys! And a warm welcome to my new followers! Thanks for coming by!

I hope your week is going well. We had an exciting day yesterday, as the new tv digi-box, phone and Internet were installed! Everything seems to be working a wee bit faster and, even more importantly, we haven't lost the Internet in the last 24 hours!

I took the afternoon off, since the ironing is always with ye, and set up a mini-assembly line to make 4 baby cards:


It wasn't much quicker than doing them individually, since as usual I kept putting things down and being unable to find them a minute later! I also managed to sit on a pencil and stab myself in the bum! Now, that takes real talent!

Here's my favourite of the cards, I love the soft green Promarker colours:


I used a different colour combo for the face and hands, since I saw this video on skin tones by Kimberly Brown yesterday.

The image and the sentiment are both by Lili of the Valley The papers are all snippets, even the green card, the ribbon is white seam binding coloured with a Mint Green Promarker, and the broderie anglaise is from my sewing box. I added stickles round the sentiment, and that was that!

Challenges I'm entering: Lili's Little Fairies Monochrome

Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge

Right, I'm off to decorate a pizza with tomatoes and olives for our tea tonight. Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Mint Green, Pastel Green, Tea Green; Saffron, Vanilla, Ivory, Sunkissed Pink; Ice Grey 2, 1


Comments

Doreen said…
A gorgeous set of baby cards.xxx
mags said…
These are gorgeous Mags. Super image and design.
Hope you enjoyed your pizza.
Mags
x
scrappymo! said…
Gosh, I feel lazy...I sttruggle at times to get my one card finished to post and here you are with a bundle!


And they look great These baby cards are so sweet and love the papers you chose. Off to check out the skin tones link you sent...I need all the help I can get!!!
Jennifer said…
Your 4 cards are all so beautiful, Mags...totally sweet! I have that cute stamp, and have not inked it up yet...you have inspired me.

Thank you for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies, and good luck.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x
P.S. Hope your 'tail' is okay, and sitting down is more comfortable!
Squirrel x said…
Wow Mags, these are just super hun! Thanks for joining the fun at Lili's Little Fairies this week. Hugs Sxx
debby4000 said…
Adorable, beautiful cards.
luv
Debby
coops said…
stunning cards mags.i love all the colourways and really gorgeous image and design :D

xx coops xx
Di said…
Fabulous set of baby cards there Mags. Sorry to laugh but, as you say, it does take real talent to sit on a pencil and stab yourself in the bum :)

Hugs, Di xx
Mrs A. said…
Super little baby cards. They all look so different too. Thanks for the link to the colouring tutorial. Just sat and watched it and it is certainly an eye opener on colouring techniques. Exactly what I need to learn and I have most of those pen shades too!! Hugs Mrs a.
Liz McGuire, said…
Aww, super cute. Not the first time I've stabbed myself, being crafty is a dangerous business!

Thanks for the tip about the rosettes. Won't tell you about the time I used a tiny clothes peg to keep the ends together - about how the whole peg got stuck - pulled it apart and the spring got me in the eye!!

Liz x
Anonymous said…
LOL Mags at your pencil injury! You poor thing! I also have a habit of putting something down and loosing it seconds later!

Love the cards and great variation of colours!

Pizza sounds yum, have a good day xoxo
MaryH said…
The baby cards are adorable. Each one is just that bit different with the image. So pretty. Loved reading your bit about putting an item down and can't find it a minute later. I spend more time doing that, than actually making a card. (My disorganization no doubt, coupled with my ditzy brain!). Enjoy your new communication system, and TFS such pretty cards. Good for you at getting 4 finished. Quite an accomplishment I think. (PS..I just wrote on Jules' blog...that we retired our iron when we retired. Only comes out for special occasions. I plan to keep it that way too. I hate to iron).
Sarn said…
LOVE this LOTV image . . . just too cute! Good idea to make up a batch of lovely cards.

Hugs
Sarn xxx
coldwaters2 said…
These are all so cute and delightful Mags, love that image and such wonderful colourways, superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.