C.R.A.F.T.Challenge #294 Christmas

Yes, our next C.R.A.F.T Challenge is Christmas!. Get ahead of yourself, every Christmas card made before December is a bonus lol!!!

I don't think I've ever made one this early....

I used the beautiful Lady Jane by Scrapper's Delights and coloured her in Promarkers. I followed a tutorial in Donna-Marie's Colouring e-book though using different colours. I can highly recommend this book, it has taught me a lot. AND all the money goes to a homeless charity, too!


The green mat is a Spellbinders Floral Oval die, and I added some red spotted paper from the snippets drawer. I used glittered poinsettia paper from a Christmas Vintage 12" x 12" pad by First Edition which came from Hobbycraft last year. The ribbon is from stash, and the Lili of the Valley sentiment was stamped in Tsukineko Delicata Gold Ink.

We have one sponsor this week, Scrappers Delights


I'm sure you have all begun to notice that some digistamp companies have closed or are no longer selling to the EU because of the administrative burden of the new EU VAT laws. The law was designed in 2008 to close a tax loophole exploited by Amazon, iTunes and other big firms, but unintentionally affected microbusinesses, too.

There are 2 petitions you can sign:

to Vince Cable MP

to EU Commissioner Pierre Moscovici

Next year this will be applied to physical goods, so if you know anyone who sells handcrafted items to the EU please let them know about the petitions.

The law was passed in 2008, when there were almost no 'kitchen table' digi businesses. Now there are hundreds of thousands who just don't have the resources to comply with what's demanded.

For more info see Digital VAT 2015 on Facebook.

Thanks for bearing with me!

love Mags B x

Comments

Sue said…
This is gorgeous Mags, I love the sweet image and your colouring is so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx
Aunty Sue said…
awesome card and image
I love your card and it's colour scheme. Thanks for the link to the book, will have a look.

EU VAT rules - much appreciate the links for that as well. I'll add that part of your post to my blog later, if you don't mind. The more the merrier who know about it the better.
coldwaters2 said…
Beautiful card Mags love the image and the wonderful paper and card design, excellent make.
hugs
lorraine x
I've contacted Vince Cable and signed the petition, keeping fingers crossed it does some good.
mags said…
A beautiful card Mags. Never to early to start christmas cards I say.
It is such a shame about the VAT changes, such a lot of businesses affected.
Mags
x
Lynsey said…
Hi Mags
This is such a pretty card!
Hugs Lynsey x
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.such a pretty image and i love your colours and diecut frame ;D

xx coops xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.