My Time to Craft Challenge #344 Sequins or Buttons.

Goooood Morning!!! I hope you're all enjoying the weekend! Our next challenge at My Time to Craft is to use Sequins or Buttons or Both on your creation! This is a great challenge, as you can add sequins to a girly 'make' or buttons to a 'boy' one!

I went with a Shaker card for a baby.


I think it looks as though she is sitting in one of those soft ball play areas!

The adorable little elephant is from a Simon Says Stamp set, Wild About You - the stamps came with their April kit, I don't have the dies! Even though the price has gone up a lot since the fall in the £ since last June, I just can't stop my subscription to these gorgeous kits!!! We are eating a lot more vegetarian dishes as a result, they are cheap and delicious and my veggie daughter approves!

Back to the card. I stamped 3 pale pink hearts around the elephant and used Glossy Accents to glue some sequins about her. I added a pink one near her ear, but when I added more sequins later, a little white one got stuck underneath, and I think she's looking at it, wondering where it came from!

The pink paper has soft white images on it, and comes from DCWV's 'Mariposa@ pad, which I have had for several years. I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles die to make an aperture (I have both the large and small circle sets, I'm not sure which set the die came from!) and backed it with acetate. The border is made with the first die I used and also the next size up.

I doubled up strips of Scotch foam tape, cut them lengthways in half, removed the backing and curved it around the aperture, leaving no gaps. Then I added more doubled tape around the edges of the back of the patterned paper. I had stamped the elephant onto my base card, all I had to do then was dust the exposed edges of the tape around the aperture with an embossing buddy, add some sequins (from Lucy's Little Things Tutu Sparkly Shaker Selection) and lay the patterned paper piece over it.

The banner is also by Lawn Fawn, and the sentiment is by Paper Smooches.

Phew, what a long post! I so enjoyed making this card, Shaker cards take a long time for me because I am rather fussy about getting everything right, but they are such fun!

Go and see my teamies' interpretations on the theme, they are such a talented bunch, you're bound to find inspiration there!

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

Absolutely gorgeous Mags, the image is sooooo cute. Marlene
Lynne in NI said…
Awww what a cutie! Bet it's like your birthday every time one of those gorgeous SSS kits drop through your letterbox!
Pat said…
Lovely card Mags with a real sweet image and great design.

Pat xx
AWwwwwwww! SO sweet, love the card, perfect for a new babe.
Faith
x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.