The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #30

Good morning! I hope you're all keeping well! We have a new Challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge which as always is Anything Christmas Goes.

I have been sorting my craft hovel (again!) and dug out a lovely filigree leaping stag stamp which came with a magazine last year. I embossed it in Antique Gold embossing powder from Altenew, which is gorgeous, and decided to go for a more shabby chic look than usual.


I fussy-cut the image and layered it on a circle of blue vellum and a doily, edged with a string of pearls. The gold-embossed sentiment is from the magazine stamp set. I used Vintage Photo to distress the edges of the cardbase and the paper, which is from stash. The Lace and stars came from an old kit from Crafteezee and the ribbon and flower are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I added Glamour Dust to the wooden stars and the dewdrops are from stash.

I also used a lot of Glossy Accents to glue everything in place, as I'd mislaid my glue gun!

Now I'm going to continue sorting all my craft stuff - my hubby very kindly handed me a big bin bag on Sunday - do you think he was hinting I should - gasp! - get rid of things???

Thanks for looking, and have a good week!

love Mags B x

Comments

Such a beautiful card, love all the details especially the vellum centre, it makes everything stand out (I think LOL).
A bin bag??? Oh! NO, perhaps you could use those bits? LOL
Faith
x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Wow Mags this is gorgeous sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
crafty-stamper said…
Gorgeous Christmas card love the lace and script paper--a bin bag does he realise how much craft stash costs and it enables you to make your own cards cheaper lol-saying that I had to have a clear out as lost my craft room so took a load of stuff to grandaughters school-they have an after school craft club-still have enough stuff ( and unused stamps) to last two lifetimes!!!
Carol x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.