My Time to Craft! #436 Christmas in July

Hello, my lovelies, I hope you're all keeping safe and well! Today, for the first time since March, I accompanied my hubby to the supermarket to shop! I was a bit nervous about crowds, but it was all very civilised, quite a few people were wearing masks, and the social distancing seemed to be working well.

Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine, the wife of King Henry II, was placed under house arrest for 20 years when she sided with her sons in rebellion against the King, so 4 months of semi-isolation could have been a lot worse!

Anyway, you're here for our next challenge at My Time to Craft! which is Christmas in July.


The Operation Write Home sketch that I used is a favourite of Kristie Marcotte who uses sketches to use up an entire paper pad! She has a great eye for matching patterned paper.

I used an old Christmas pad by First Edition, matted on blue cardstock. I die-cut 3 snowflakes with a die from Whiff of Joy, using white glitter cardstock. The sentiment is heat-embossed, from an old Altenew stamp set.

I think this would be a good card for a bloke!

Go and see my teamies' inspiring creations and join in the challenge! It's never too soon to start on your Christmas cards.

Thanks for looking, and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

Mrs A. said…
The colours look lovely together and what pretty design papers they are. I am rubbish at following sketches. This is gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is gorgeous Mags. So pleased you made it out today. Take care sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
crafty-stamper said…
Four months does seem pretty doable againt 20years lol.Not been to a supermarket yet as we don't have transport so been managing with local shops which are pretty well stocked and no problems with queues or social distancing-everyone at the supermarkets lol.Great Christmas card and love the selection of papers
Carol x
Lynne in NI said…
Lovely card Mags, a great design to show off your pretty DPs
Bet you found the supermarket a trauma. I've been going to Tesco the whole lockdown as it was impossible to get a delivery date, and it does get a bit less stressful though I'm still so relieved to get out of it and get home!
Megan J said…
Hi Mags, a superb card, it would be great for a bloke too... love the sketch and all the layers you have used... I hope you haven't found your home detention too hard to handle and that you have been able to at least go into a garden space for a while. I live in a tourist area and the gov't are encouraging people to see our own country, which means our tiny shopping precinct was very busy when the tourists were unable to see the sights due to the weather.. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.