My Time to Craft! #358 Paper Piecing

Morning, all! Our new Challenge at My Time to Craft! is Paper Piecing. In case you haven't come across this technique before, it's where, rather than colouring your stamped image, you stamp it again on patterned paper, cut out the pieces and glue them in place instead.

I used an old stamp by Woodware called 'Patchwork Christmas Tree.' Sadly it's now unavailable. The key with paper piecing is to use an image with clearly-defined shapes - have a look at my teamies' lovely creations to get a better idea.


I used a selection of green papers for the tree, and a scrap of red for the heart, which has been covered in Glossy Accents. I also added Stickles to one of the 'patchwork' patterns and the star. The background paper is from stash and the ribbon is from Hobbycraft. The sentiment is from an old magazine freebie stamp set and the gems are also from stash.

I made a second card, too:


I only have another 2 dozen Christmas cards to make! I've never been so up-to-date!! Making 2 cards at a time really makes your collection grow fast!!

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

love Mags B x

Comments

Fabulous make hun
hugs Shell xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is delightful Mags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Wonderful piecing, love the tree, the paper and the sentiment, a Great card.
Faith
x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.