Penny Black Saturday Challenge



This week's PB Saturday Challenge has the theme Travel/Holidays. I always associate ice cream cones with holidays, so here is a fab PB stamp which I bought from my local Art and Craft shop a couple of years ago when learning how to stamp. I love the papers, which are so hot and sunny!

The proportions aren't quite right, I think - the image is too small for the card. Though there's plenty of room for the Basic Grey paper and loads of flowers scattered with gold glitter! (Only none of the glitter shows! Really, those flowers are drenched with gold!)

Phew, what a scorcher it's been today! I did the ironing in my jim-jams this afternoon because it was cooler than jeans and T-shirt!

Thanks for looking and have a good evening!

luv, Mags x

Recipe: Penny Black stamp 'hot but cool'
Papers: Basic Grey 'Lime Rickey'
Flowers: Prima and stash
Promarkers: Almond, Vanilla, Buttercup, Tulip Yellow, Lipstick Red, Leaf Green, Powder Blue, Caramel
Leaves: Woodware

Comments

Crafty Urchins said…
What a fantastic card, love the colours and layout. Well done!! LOL Suexx
Jules said…
Hi Mags - yes you are right. The proportions aren't right at all .. .. that ice cream is far too small to be a holiday ice cream treat!!! LOL!!!

But to be serious your image is gorgeous and so well coloured to match that beautiful summery backing paper.

Love it all!!

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx
Joey said…
Hi Mags

fabulous card, I think the image works ok on this size card. I have put off and put off my ironing but am going to have to sweat it out shortly! lol Thanks for joining us at penny black saturday

Joey.x
coops said…
hiya mags, its a fantastic card.i love the colours and really delish papers and flowers, fab image too and have to agree that the icecream is far too small.lol.have a fab weekend.luv coops.xx
Mel said…
Hi Mags
Fab card, love the image and the papers are so so me!!
Thanks for the kinds words you left on my wee blog!!
Hugs Melly xxx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.