Good Luck Anya

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Here's a card I rustled up to celebrate the occasion - my daughter's boyfriend is Irish and she's spending the weekend in the Republic with his family, I hope they like it!


The image is a digi by The Greeting Farm called 'Good Luck Anya.'  I coloured her with Speccies and glittered the 4-leafed clovers/Shamrocks. The sentiment and row of hearts are also by TGF but I can't remember which sets they came from.

The papers are by Pink Petticoat, and I distressed the edges with Frayed Burlap DI. The flowers are Prima and the die-cut leaves are by Whiff of Joy. Ribbon and gems are from stash.

Nice and simple, eh? It took me a long time to make, mainly because my first two attempts at colouring Anya were really naff! I should practise with my Speccies more, the technique is slightly different than with Promarkers as they tend to be 'juicier'. We live and learn.

I hope you're all staying snug and dry. The rain has been stairrodding down this past two days here, though I know it's been snow further north and west. Brrr! Hurry up, Spring, I'm tired of winter!

I'm entering the new Ribbon Girl Challenge which is a colour combo of green and white

Thanks for looking, everyone, and have a great week!

love Mags B x

Spectrum Noirs: Black, BGR5, BGR3; TN2, FS3, FS2, CR1; EB8, EB5, EB2; JG1, JG2, JG7

Comments

Annmaree of Oz said…
Hi Mags, love your St Paddy's day card!!!

The green with the neutral background really makes her comment and pop!

Thanks so much for your fun comment AND Award above!! You're a gem xoxo
mixamatoasties said…
Fab card Mags.

And thank you so much for your lovely comment. Andy and I did scrub up quite well, not quite sure what went wrong though lol ;)

Susan xx
mags said…
A lovely card Mags. The image is so cute and think you have done a great job of colouring her. Thanks for my happy mail. The card is lovely and thanks for the tickets. See you there.
Mags
xx
coops said…
so stunning mags.i love your green colours and gorgeous image and papers ;D

xx coops x
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags I love this gorgeous little image with her cheeky wink, you have coloured her beautifully, the papers, card design and flowers all add to the beauty of the card.
hugs
lorraine x
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I love it, hugs Pops x x x
♥Gemma♥ said…
Gorgeous card hun and great image too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma
Donna said…
Too cute Mags and just perfect for St Patrick's Day, such a pretty design and i love the white flowers :) Donna ♥ x
Unknown said…
Hi Mags, awww that is so cute! Lovely image and colouring, your layout is fab too.

Sarah
Ribbon Girl said…
Great card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Green and White Colour challenge, Mary x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.