A hoot of a card!

Good evening, all! Sorry I haven't blogged much this week, I have had some problems uploading pictures to the blog

: fortunately my daughter and her wonderful partner are here for the weekend - he is a Jedi Master of IT and has solved the problem! He is a very noble gentleman!!! So here is one of a set of cards I made a week ago, starring the Woodware Patch an Owl set.


I paper pieced the owl, using LotV Bonnets and Bowties papers (they came free with a mag!) The beak is pieced with a scrap of gold card from stash. I used a snippet of pink card and a Spellbinders Lacey Squares die for the mat.

The sentiment came with the set. I used a stamp from the Winter Gifts stamp set and the matching Tag You're It dies. The tiny flower brads are from stash.

Here's a picture of the 4 cards lying on my ironing board:


One of the great things about paper piecing is that if you use 4 different papers you can easily make 4 cards!!

I hope you've all had a great weekend, with lots of good weather - what a difference a bit of sunshine makes, I see so many people smiling!

Have a great week, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

Lynsey said…
Hi Mags, I love your patchwork owls, they look wonderful!
Hugs Lynsey x
Di said…
Fabulous Mags! One of my fave stamps too.

Did I read the word snippet? Remember you can come and play with us in the Snippets Playground with this - a never mind a bit of back linking.

Hugs, Di xx
aussie aNNie said…
Absolutely stunning creation, love the design and colour combo...aNNie ♥
The Journey is the Start
mags said…
A great set of cards Mags. Love the paper piecing of the owl. Hope you are well.
Mags
x
Darnell said…
Hi Mags! Sorry I have been a bad bloggie friend with my visits. Your set of owl cards is owldorable! (Ooof, that was a bad one, even for me!) They really are fantastic with the detailed paper-piecing you've done! You take care! I'm glad your daughter's partner came to your rescue!! Hugs, Darnell
Jules said…
Hi Mags

Your little owl cards look gorgeous.

I love paper piecing.

Pleased your Jedi Master managed to sort your computer problems out.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx
Mrs A. said…
How different they all look too. I think every one is experiencing the same problem of their reading list only showing one post. Hope it finally gets fixed as I have not had mine working at all for a long time so sorry that I have not been around sooner. hugs Mrs A.
Annmaree of Oz said…
I love these great owls! Fabulous paper piecing! I hope to be more regular on the blogs from now on - feel free to hold me to that! lol.
Such cute owl cards hun, they are great!

Have a great weekend
Hugs Shell xx
Lynne in NI said…
Oooh your wee owl is fab with his fancy wings and body, great idea to use all the different DPs.
I think I need to borrow your Jedi Master to fix my pc ... for some reason mine has lost the ability to play sound even though all the settings look OK grrrr
scrappymo! said…
This is adorable as are all his other three friends.
I shall remember that tip about using the 4 papers and making 4 cards. I need to do more batch baking as they say!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.