The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #70 Anything Christmas Goes.

Good morning! It's a beautiful, sunny day her in S-E Hertfordshire, so what better time to make a Christmas card or 2?

Yes, we have a new Challenge for you at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge where as usual it's Anything Christmas Goes.

I have been posting cards to various friends and relations and quickly realised that a lot of dimension means a lot of postage. So I had a play with masking paper, a star die and some Christmas word stamps to make a (nearly) one-layer card. 'Nearly' because I worked on a die-cut piece of card a little smaller than my cardbase and glued it down flat.


The words all come from Altenew's Festive Silhouettes stamp set. I stamped them in shades of Altenew green inks. Then, to define the edges, I blended on some Delicata Gold pigment ink. It has a very subtle shine when it catches the light.

Finally I stamped the greeting (an old one from Clearly Besotted) in the same gold ink and clear-embossed it.

In 2016, when I was being treated for cancer, I self-isolated for 6 months. In some ways it was easier, because having chemo every fortnight meant that I slept a lot! Whenever it got too much I told myself that every minute, hour and day that passed was one more minute, hour and day nearer to the end of my 'lockdown.' I hope this helps if you're climbing the walls!

Stay safe and well, my lovelies!

love Mags B x

Comments

scrappymo! said…
Tour star themed Christmas card looks great. That is a fantastic stamp!

Agree about postage Mags LOL. A Super card love the centre star and your sentiment. I can't believe it was 2016 when you were ill. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is both gorgeous & sensible, the postage is really getting expensive.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
crafty-stamper said…
Great CAS card and you do have to think about postage -TBH the ones I do post are for people I only hear from once a Year so bought cards are order of the day.WOW 4 years ago and 6 months isolation -we have nothing to complain about and great advice
Carol x
Lynne in NI said…
Gosh I can hardly believe that was 4 years ago! You're right though, people need to settle themselves and take everything a day at a time and have some sense.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.