The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #73 Anything Christmas Goes.

Hello, my dearios! It's been hot and humid today, so of course now is the time to think of making a Christmas card! Yes, our latest Challenge is up at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.


I tried my hand at a slimline card, and you'd think it would be quick and easy to do. The papers come from an ancient Papermania pad, I cut a snowflake border from a blue sheet and glued it onto the stocking-border paper. The sentiment was from the same paper pad. Then the fun began.

I spent well over an hour trying to work out what to put on the left-hand side, once I realised that my die-cut and layered Poinsettia was both the wrong colour and didn't relate to any of the papers! Then I tried a holly wreath mounted on a vellum circle, too.

Nope.

Finally I used a very old Christmas tree die from Whimsy, cut from white glitter card, and that worked. Hooray! What a performance, eh?

Go and see my teamies' cards for some lovely inspiration, and join in the Challenge. I hope you have much less trouble than I had with my card!

Stay safe and well, and thanks for looking.

love Mags B x



Comments

Mrs A. said…
Beautiful end result so well worth the fath. Hugs Mrs A.
This is a lovely card Mags. Isn't it awful when that kind of thing happens? Too many times as far as I'm concerned LOL.
Take care
Faith x
KraftyKoolKat said…
This has turned out lovely Mags, sorry you had a performance along the way.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Lynne in NI said…
Lol I did laugh at your creative process Mags! I made a slim card recently, faffed about for a couple of hours, and chucked it in the recycling ;) So you did waaaay better than me to have a finished version!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.