My Time to Craft #483 Bird on a nest, in a cage or in a birdhouse.

 Hello there! I hope you're all looking forward to a great weekend.  Here in the UK we are celebrating the Queen's 70 years on the throne.  My church is putting on a Fun Day on Friday, so I am scheduling this post.  I hope I've got it right!

The theme of our new challenge at My Time to Craft! is A Bird or Birds on a nest, in a cage or with a birdhouse.  

I found this chipboard image in my stash and thought I'd have a go at a shabby chic card.  Not my usual style! The background is made with Nuvo Shimmer powders and has a lovely sheen.  The doily, scrap of pink card, lace and ribbon are from my stash.  The wooden word is from the poundshop and I swiped it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age it.  Finally I added a dazzler to the middle of the bow and a few pearls here and there.


This card is the complete opposite! I used an old stamp set from Clearly Besotted and a variety of inks to stamp on a panel.  I tore a piece of copy paper and used it as a mask for the grass section in Peeled Paint DI.  I edged the panel with Peel-offs by Love from Lizi - there is Free Shipping on peel-offs this weekend if you buy 40 or more! Finally I added scraps of patterned paper to the sides of the cardbase and glued the panel on top.

Two very different cards! Check out the blog for inspiration and join the challenge!

Thanks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

María said…
Wow I love how you've played with topic and you've created two very different cards. The first one is very elegant with the lace, the doily and the ribbon. And all those stamps in the second one are super cute. Hugs, María.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.