Oh Christmas Tree!



Evening, all! I intended to spend half term crafting, but the best laid plans of Maggies and men gang oft agley! Partly that's because of the dreaded Housework, partly because... (drumroll!) I have a Kindle! Being me, I also ordered a proper book at the same time, and both arrived in the same box, which amused me.

So this card has taken me 3 days to make!

The sketch at Sketch Saturday looks really daunting at first - lots of circles! I actually like it a lot, though it took me a long time to find embellies for the smaller circles that I liked.

The image is another elegant lady by Christina Dee from Tickled Pink Stamps I thought she'd look good as a bust. She is coloured with Promarkers, and Speccies for her hair. The bow at her neck and the candy canes are Glossy Accented, and the lace on her outfit is covered with Glamour Dust.

I cut her out (mainly because I made a right pig's ear of distressing round the image) and put her on foam pads for dimension. I offset the green card mat to echo the pattern of the two circles in the top right corner: I used a Nestie Floral Doily for the background and added more Glamour Dust.

Flowers are from stash and Wild Orchid (the poinsettias.) Sentiment is good old Lili of the Valley. The ribbon is ancient, I can't remember where or when I got it!! The papers were a freebie, 'Milton & Co Christmas' from last year, lots of rich colours in this stack!

Now I must make a card for my daughter the Bookseller, who's very cross with me for buying a Kindle!

Have a good evening, all, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Sandstone, Dusky Pink, Coral; Chestnut, Burnt Umber; Emerald, Pine, Holly; Poppy, Crimson; Gold.
Speccies: IG6, 8, 10

Comments

Sheila said…
OH No you have succumbed to that horrid electronic thing I see everywhere Mags!!I am afraid I am a book lover and god help anyone who bends them over, turns down corners or writes on them ha ha!! Great card btw! Sheila:)X
coops said…
gorgeous card mags.i love your fab colours and design and the image is stunning :D

xx coops xx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags this is one gorgeous card, I so love the colours and design and that image is stunning.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Christine L said…
Hi Mags.... fabbie card... love the colours and design.

Don't understand the gang oft agley bit I'm afraid tho.... but I get the gist!!

And Kindles are wonderful things... I've had mine over a year now.... but I still enjoy a proper book now and again. I took my kindle on hols last year, and could take as many books with me as I wanted in that slim little thing.... BRILLIANT! But like you, being me, I took a book as well just in case it didn't work or I lost it!

Hugs
Christine x
mags said…
Lovely cars Mags. Really like the image and your papers and design.
I have a kindle and just love it.
Mags
x
Susie Little said…
Such a gorgeous card! Thank you for playing our sketch at Sketch Saturday!xx
Mel said…
Woop woop, a Kindle heeee
I love mine! I was a total against them and knew I could never ever like or be better than my precious books BUT I adore mine! Its just perfect to have and take anywhere oh oh and buy every book I can fine lol!

I love your card petal, I sometimes take 3 days too but I can tell you, Yours was totally worth it! Its stunning petal!
Hugs M xxx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.