Penny Black and Sketch Saturday



Hi everyone! Isn't it cooooold?!

Here's a cheerful springtime card for the current Penny Black Saturday Challenge and this time the theme is 'Floral Frenzy!'

I love this little hedgie surrounded by flowers, saying hello to a bee, it makes me think of springtime. The sketch is from Sketch Saturday and at first I thought it would be tricky with the diamond shape, but in fact it all came together very nicely.

I layered the image on green, pink and green card, because the original diamond was too small, but I rather like the effect.

Papers are Basic Grey 'Porcelain.' The swirl is cut with a Marianne die, and the flowers with a medium Retro punch, using the same papers. The sentiment was a magazine freebie, the gems are from stash. I stickled the bee's wings but didn't add any more bling because I didn't want to cover the pretty papers too much.

The white velvet ribbon is from Hobbycraft, and I used a Woodware punch for the brown leaf-shapes behind 3 of the flowers.

I'm rather pleased how the line of punched flowers echoes the line of flowers on the image, though I only noticed after it was done!!!

Thanks for looking and I hope you all stay snug and warm!

love Mags B x

Comments

susiestacey said…
Beautiful card and the colours all match beautifully x Susan x
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags, yes it is very cold, I have had the heating on since 5.30am this morning and I still can;t get warm, it is supposed to be even colder tomorrow, brrrrr. I love this little beauty Mags, that image and those papers look super, I do love the design and your choice of colours.
Hugs
Lorraine x
mags said…
Lovely card MagsB. The image is so sweet and love the papers and layout.
Mags
x
Jules said…
Hi Mags

This is one cute card .. .. love that scrummy image and how you have used it.

Great flowers too.

Love Jules xx
debby4000 said…
Love your adorable cute card Mags.
luv
Debby
melsanford said…
Oh this is beautiful! Gorgeous colours and I love those flowers :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx
Kath Stewart said…
adorable card mags..love your floral frenzy...thanks for joining the Penny Black Saturday gang this week...hugs kath xxx
coops said…
stunning card mags.i love the sweet hedgie and your colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx
Donna Mosley said…
What a gorgeous card Mags, love the sweet image and very pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x
Beth said…
Oh this is so cute, beautiful colour scheme too! Thanks for joining in with the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.