My Time to Craft #489 Fantasy or Whimsy.

 Hiya! I'm sorry I'm a bit late with my DT post for My Time to Craft, I was doing the flower arrangement at Church this morning, and then I had a mammogram this afternoon (ouchies!)  But here am I, faint but pursuing! (My Grannie used to say that, it's probably Shakespeare.)

Our new theme is Fantasy or Whimsy.  Fairies, magical beasts, mages, whimsical images of quirky animals or birds or people - whatever takes your fancy.

My first card uses 'Magical Day', an older clear stamp from The Greeting Farm.  This one is out of print, but if you check out the 'Fantasy' tab on their website you'll see another set of cute unicorn images.


The papers are from an old First Edition pad which has a unicorn theme.  The background is glittered and I used pearlised card for the mats and Love from Lizi sway peel-offs in Teal Mirror, which give some lovely shine.  The sentiment came with the stamp set.

My second card is more whimsical, using a very old (2009!) Hero Arts stamp set called 'Bird and Branches.'


I used Distress Oxides to stamp the images.  The sentiment is from Love from Lizi's Atta Girl stamp set, and I rounded the corner to give more interest.  The foiled background paper is from a 6x6 paper pad called 'Modern Deco' by Papermania.

Check out the challenge blog for more magical and quirky inspiration from my teamies! 

Thanks for looking and take care.

love Mags B x


Comments

María said…
Great cards. They're very different but they're perfect for the topic. The first one is super cute. The foiled background of the second one is gorgeous and a good contrast with those colours you've chosen for the stamps. Hugs, María.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.