My Time to Craft #428 Off the Edge

Good morning! We have an intriguing theme at Mt Time to Craft which is Off the Edge. That's when you die-cut (or trim!) around your image to make a shaped edge - here is a video from Penny Black to give an example.


I didn't have a die for this Simon Says Stamp image, which is from the Stronger Together stamp set which was in this mont's card kit, so I used my scissors to trim it. I painted the leaves using watercolours, then splattered the card with green, yellow and gold paint.

The hello die also came with the kit, I cut it from some pealised green card. Then I lined the inside with a snippet of checked paper and finally rounded the bottom right corner.

I should have made this a side-folding card rather than top-folding, because cutting along the fold at the top was a bit tricky!

My teamies have done some lovely work to show you, do go and see!

Thanks for looking! Stay well!

love Mags B x

Comments

Becca Sadler said…
Hey teamie! Your interpretation for the challenge is wonderful! Love the mix of patterns with the checks and the paint splatters and just love how you have the leafy extended edge! Great work!
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is gorgeous Mags. Great colouring & trimming the image sweetie.
Keep well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
This is a GREAT card Mags. Love the leaves on the edge and the "splattered" card and the rounded corner. Fabulous.

Thanks for your lovely comment, I've tried with a couple of museums who aren't interested in the writings, only artifacts! I will try the library though - when it opens in the future. Thank you for your great thought.
Faith x
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful off the edge card.x
I love this make hun, its perfect for the theme

Stay safe
hugs Shell xx
Pat said…
Lovely card Mags, beautiful stamp and well done with the cutting. Hope you are staying safe and warm.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful CAS card love the off the edge leaves and really love the splatters
Carol x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.