The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #67 Anything Christmas Goes.

Hello! I hope you are all coping with having children at home/lockdown. Ye Olde Manne and I have been self-isolating for the last week, going out only to shop for essentials like bread, milk and beer. Thankfully, I began picking up an extra can or two every week at the beginning of last year, in preparation for Brexit, so we have soup, fruit, tuna and corned beef in the larder! We will probably get a bit tired of corned beef.....

Anyway, it is what it is, and I hope you're finding time to craft. Creating something is such a good stress-buster. Even more so when you make Christmas cards and see that bit of stockpiling increase - and The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is here to help!


I used a very old Hero Arts set to stamp and emboss three ornaments, then fussy-cut them out. I added some DMC floss plus some very thin, springy and bloody-minded silver thread, for the hangers, first making holes for the thread to go through.

Then I added the ornaments with some foam tape, under the bows. The paper comes from my stash and the gold-embossed sentiment is from an old set by Clearly Besotted. There were a couple of tiny snowflakes with the sentiment, and my kraft layer looked a bit bare, so I stamped the snowflakes round the edges using Versamark. It scarcely shows, but it does break up the solid brown.

Go and see my teamies' creations, they do such a great job making lovely and varied cards. Something for everyone!

Thanks for looking, my lovelies. Stay safe and well.

love Mags B x



Comments

KraftyKoolKat said…
This is gorgeous Mags. I literally haven't been out for over a week. I will have to go out soon as I am running out of things, no local relatives to shop for me.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
crafty-stamper said…
GReat Christmas card and love the beautiful baubles.Hope you stay safe and well too
Carol x
Mrs A. said…
We need to brave it in the local Sainsburys tomorrow after trying unsuccessfully for the past 10 day to get a delivery slot. All right the government saying stay indoors if over 70 and/or vunerable but you can't sit and starve. The neighbours are all out for themselves. Very galling to watch next door get a delivery last night and the people opposite a delivery tonight.So it is up early and try and get in the queue for opening at 8-9am for us 70+s. Anyway rant over.
Your baubles look good and glad you persevered with the silver string as it just finishes them nicely. Hugs Mrs A.
aussie aNNie said…
Great card MaGS, keep safe and happy.xx
So lovely Mags, love the different colours and designs on each.
You remind me, I must search out the corned beef I had LOL.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x
Hi Mags, Thank you so much for your gorgeous card, it is very much appreciated. My Daughter's came back negative, which we are over the moon. It was very worrying at the time. Keep safe, stay well. Marlene
Mrs A. said…
Hi Mags, just stopping by to check you and family are ok in these worrying times. Hugs Mrs A.
Lynne in NI said…
Gorgeous Christmas card Mags, those baubles are fab!
Wasn't that such a wise move of yours to prepare for Brexit, who could ever have guessed you'd be using your supplies during a pandemic :(

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.