My Time to Craft! #445 Good luck!

Does anybody else still find it hard to recall what day of the week it is? For me this has been one of the strangest things about Lockdown! All day I've been convinced it was Thursday! Oopsie! Of course it's Friday, and time for a new Challenge at My Time to Craft! 

Our new theme is Good Luck - I think we could all do with some good luck for a change! 

I know that a Black Cat is sometimes regarded as a bad luck symbol, but in my family it's always been regarded as good luck. Is that a tradition from the North East of England, which is where my family originates? Or is it common elsewhere? Anyway, this card includes an elegant Black Cat to wish every one of you Good Luck!
This gorgeous creature is from Paper Smooches 'Feline Friends' stamp set - sadly, I have been unable to find it online. Admittedly, it is an old stamp set! I used my Misti to stamp her several times in Versafine Onyx Black ink to get good coverage, then added clear embossing powder for some lovely shine. 

The oval mat is from an old MFT die. The papers are from my stash, as is the ribbon. I added some shiny black heart stickers by Love from Lizi, and also 2 of her Sky blue peel-offs to edge the horizontal strip. 

Go over to the challenge blog to see the fabulous inspiration left by my teamies and say hi to our new Guest Designer, the very talented Lori. 

Thanks for looking, and Good Luck, all! Take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

crafty-stamper said…
I have to check every day what day it is -okay maybe even more than once lol!We are North East of England too and one of our two cats Millie is black with just a few little white hairs right under her chin.Beautiful card love the black cat and die-cut drame
Carol x
KraftyKoolKat said…
So cute & pretty Mags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
A Lucky cat to me Mags :) I've added them to Wedding cards, I think the couples are still together after many years LOL. A Wonderful card, love the papers and dies.
Keep safe
Faith x
Megan J said…
Hi Mags, I've not heard of lucky black cats, other than as a Child Scholastic had a book catalogue for students and it featured a black cat named Lucky... it is a stunning silhouette and a fabulous card to send good luck. Have a wonderful week... Megan
Jules said…
Hi Mags

What a lovely card .. .. love that cat die very much.

Yes, I struggle to know what day of the week it is .. .. and first thing in a morning I sometimes have to work out the month as well .. .. hence the reason I have a perpetual calendar thing at the top of the stairs LOL!!

Hope you are doing well.

Love Jules xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.