The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #84

Good morning! I hope you're all keeping safe and well and finding time to craft. My cardmaking has taken a back seat this past fortnight, as I have finally replaced my ancient sewing machine and have been digging through my fabric stash to make a quilt for my sister's Christmas present. It's not exactly an heirloom, and I've made a few mistakes along the way, but it's the first quilt I've managed to finish! I'll add a picture at the end of this post. 

But onto the Challenge, which as always is Anything Christmas Goes. I don't have many cards for blokes in my stash, so I dug into an old kit by Love From Lizi.
I cut out the stag picture from one of the sheets of patterned paper and popped it up on some scrap cardstock on top of another paper from the kit, which I layred onto cream pearlescent card. The 'Joy' sentiment is a sticker, layered on the same cream card. 

The rest of the sentiment is from an out of print Clearly Besotted stamp set. I covered the first word ('joy') with washi tape before adding Versamark ink - it's important to REMOVE THE WASHI TAPE BEFORE STAMPING ON YOUR CARD! Otherwise you get a big splodge where you don't want it! Go on, ask me how I know! 

Finally I added some gold gems from my stash and covered the star on the image with shimmer pen. 


Here is the quilt - don't look too closely!
Thanks for looking, my lovelies, and take care! 

love Mags B x

Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful masculine card and love the framed stag.Your quilt is absolutely beautiful don't put yourself down!
Carol x
Mrs A. said…
Snap and snap. My latest post is a mounted stag. great minds think alike. I have been sewing a reindeer this past week in a random patchwork design. It is only small 9" high by 7" wide and is for a swap so can't show it yet. Quilts are a bit too big for me. I have one I started 36yrs ago!! Still in block form and the room it was designed for has been decorated three times since then. Hugs Mrs A.
I love your "strong" Christmas card, wonderful stag and paper. Well done you for finishing a quilt, a massive job and it looks so beauitful, she'll love it.
Faith x
KraftyKoolKat said…
This card is lovely, great for a man. Your quilt is awesome too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Lynne in NI said…
I did laugh at your comment about your washi tape, wouldn't be the first time I did that LOL
How lucky is your sister to receive such a beautiful gift! It's a stunner!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.