My Time to Craft Christmas #51 Your Favourite Technique.

 This is tough for me, because there are so many techniques I enjoy! It's a bit like being asked 'What's your favourite book?' To which my answer is always 'The one that I'm currently reading.'

Anyway, I love using patterned papers on my cards, but rather than use a sketch I decided on paper piecing for a change.  I used an old Woodware stamp by the brilliant Francoise Read, it's called 'Large Patch Tree' and unfortunately is out of print.  But check out the other stamps she has designed, so many are great for paper piecing.


One of the good things about paper piecing is that it's so easy to make 2 cards at once.


I used 2 green patterned papers, a scrap of red tartan paper, and some red card.  I stamped the tree on all the papers and fussy-cut them out.  Then I went around the cut edges with a black marker to hide any imperfections in my cutting!  I stamped the image again on 2 4 x 6 inch pieces of white card and assembled the trees like a quilt.  Finally I added red Nuvo Drops to the holly berries, and Nuvo sparkle pen and Glossy Accents to the hearts.

Check out the challenge blog for more festive ideas!

Thanks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x

PS I apologise for the delay, we had visitors this weekend and I thought I'd scheduled this post, but - oops! - no! Happy New Year! X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.