Another card for a bloke!

Hello, my dearios! Firstly, welcome to my new followers! I hope very much that you enjoy this erratic, sometimes crazy blog! xx

We had good news this morning: my daughter had a 3-month check-up today and her cancer is still in full remission! She is so lively now, back to what she was like before the Hodgkins' Lymphoma struck. So we opened a bottle of wine this evening to celebrate, and I may possibly be a wee bit tiddly. Please excuse any misprints in my post!

On to the card! This was made for my hubby's BFF, who turned 60 at the weekend.


I went with a CAS look. The card base is Neenah Desert Storm Kraft card (my Christmas present to me was a subscription to Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kits and the card came with one of them.) I rounded the corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, I do love that bit of kit!

The background striped paper is a snippet from the Nitwits Tour of London collection. I embossed a snippet of blue Core'dinations with the Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder and die-cut a circle. I added it with foam pads for dimension. The circle was too big, so I added another snippet with a smaller circle cut into it and glued it behind the cardstock.

The letters and numbers are from a Papermania sticker set that I've had in my stash for ages!

Because the top right corner looked so bare I added Prima flowers and a fabric-covered brad, both of which were floating around in my stash.

Even though the postage was unexpectedly horrendous (the brad made it a 'small package' rather than a 'large envelope') i am very pleased with this - and so, I'm glad to say, is the old boy who received it! I can call him 'old boy' as I'm a Spring Chicken who won't be 60 until July lolz!!!!!

I'm going to enter this at the Snippets Playground

Ok, enough waffling! I hope you're all having a good week and are looking forward to a GREAT weekend!

Thanks so much for looking!

love Mags B xxx

Comments

Sue said…
Oh Mags, that is the best news about your daughter and certainly a good reason to celebrate.
Your card is fabulous. I love the stylish design and gorgeous colours.
I hope you have a good weekend too.
hugs Sue xx
Di said…
Lovely card Mags - and so worth the extra postage. Great idea for sizing the circle.

And super news about your daughter too :)

Hugs

Di xx
Joey said…
FAB FAB FAB Mags this is such a great design. Joey x
scrappymo! said…
Looks great. Perfect for a fellow!
mags said…
A super 60th birthday card Mags. Loving the CAS look.
Mags
x
coops said…
stunning male card mags.the design is fab and I love the colour combo.
massive congrats to your daughter on her fab news, you must all be so pleased.

xx coops xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.