My Time to Craft! #441 Inspired by Harry Potter.

Oh my ears and whiskers, I'm late! Is it Friday already? Yes! And it's time for a new challenge at My Time to Craft! 

Our new theme is Inspired by Harry Potter so anything wizardly goes! Now, I'm not actually a fan of Harry Potter (I prefer the amazing books written by Diana Wynne Jones - check 'em out!) 

However, a long time ago Bugaboo Stamps produced some lovely images that rather resemble characters from the series, and I have used one for my card. Sadly, they seems to be unavailable, which is a problem with using an older image.
I coloured Prof not-Snape with Promarkers (it took 2 attempts with different types of grey to distinguish between his cassock and his university robe!) and added Gold Stickles around his wand and magic book. 

The papers are from my snippets drawer. I layered them onto black gloss cardstock, and used black peel-offs from Love from Lizi to edge the vertical strip. I used an MFT stitched frame die (which maddeningly I can't find on their website) for the image border, and inlaid the image to keep the card flat for posting. 

I intended this for a teacher friend, but he is very unhappy about J K Rowling's attitude towards transgender people, and having asked him, he would prefer to have something different. Such a shame, since he adored Harry Potter whan he was growing up, but I have to respect his views. 

As I said earlier, I've never really been a fan of JKR, (Diana Wynne Jones is a much more original writer) though as an ex-librarian I admire how she got children to enjoy reading. 

Anyway, that's my card. Do whizz(!) over to the Challenge blog and see all the magical cards that my teamies have made! 

Thanks for looking, and take care. 

love Mags B x

Comments

Doreen said…
Love your card,a great image.xxx
Loving the new look blog missus, its fab!

This image is perfect & looks so like Snape (grumpy) lol

Have a great weekend
Hugs Shell xx
WELL! firstly I have to say I really like your new layout, I didn't recognise you LOL. I haven't visited of late due to flu etc etc. I LOVE your card Mags, great colouring and design.
Faith x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Awesome Mags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.