Dream Valley #232 Embossing Wet or Dry

Hi there! We have a new Challenge for you at Dream Valley which is Embossing. This could be either using an embossing folder, or heat-embossing - or both! 

Our gorgeous sponsor is All Dressed Up Stamps. I used one of my favourite images, but I'm sad to say she is no longer available. But do check out Wendy's images, they are lovely!
I did some Faux Letterpress by swiping an Wilted Violet Distress Ink across the flat side of my embossing folder. I added my card (the same size as the folder) and taped the edges of the folder to stop it shifting, then ran it through my die-cutting machine.

Then I carefully swiped Spun Sugar lightly across the raised pattern several times until the colour was as I liked it. 

I added a strip of pale blue ribbon under the image and heat-embossed the sentiment in gold, then fastened it to the ribbon with foam tape. To keep the ribbon in place I also added some glue dots under where the sentiment is. (Does that make sense?) 

Finally I glued on 5 flower-shaped sequins from my stash and added a drop of stickles to the centre of each one. 

 Go and see what my teamies have created to inspire you and join in the Challenge! 

Thanks for looking, and stay well. 

love Mags B x

PS Here is a video on Faux Letterpress by Jennifer McGuire.

Comments

Love your beautiful card Mags.
Faith x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.