Dream Valley Challenges #272 Add a Sentiment.

 I am so sorry, my lovelies, I thought I had scheduled this post for Monday 13th but.... didn't.  Well, better late than never.

The new Challenge at Dream Valley is to Add a Sentiment.  I went the whole hog and used a sentiment as my focal point AND I made 2 cards at once (often called a 'Twofer.'  Twofer one - geddit???!!!)

Here is the first card:


I used the Lawn Fawn Giant Thank You die and some bright paper from my stash for the sentiment.  I also cut 2 extras from white cardstock and glued them behind to give dimension.  To position the die-cut I made a template the same size as my white stitched rectangle background and cut the die in the position I wanted it to be, then glued the words in place and removed the template.  Finally I added a few sparkly gems.

The second card:


As you can see, this is the reverse of the previous card and made in much the same way.  Because I had cut the sentiment from the middle of the patterned paper it was easy to add three layers of white cardstock in the right place.  Again I added some sparkly gems from my stash.

I hope all this makes sense!

Check out the challenge blog to see what my teamies have made, this is such a versatile theme!

Thanks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

What wonderful colours and designs Mags, love these beautiful cards.
I hope I'm back to normality with my 'puter!
Faith x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.