Dream Valley Challenge #65 Purple and Green

For my DT post for The Squirrel and the Fox please scroll down to the previous post. Ta.

Good afternoon! (Though I'm actually posting this on Saturday night, with the Last Night of the Proms on the telly - it's magnificent, as usual!) I hope this time I schedule the post correctly!

We have a colour challenge this week, and it's Purple and Green Rather like a monochrome challenge, we ask that you use mostly shades of purple and green on your creations. (Remember, it doesn't have to be a card!) Of course, skin and hair colour don't have to be purple and green - unless your image is of an alien!

I have made a Christmas card:


The adorable image is by Meljen (have I mentioned that I love Meljen?) for Whimsy Stamps and she is called Holly Christmas Fairy I coloured her with Promarkers and used spellbinders dies to cut out the image and mat.

The papers are by Pink Petticoat. The striped green ribbon is from Hobbycraft. The sentiment is also by Whimsy stamps, and I used Pine Needles Distress Ink, then fussy cut the stamp and layered it on purple card. The flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts, the holly leaves peeping out here and there are a Whimsy Shapeology die, Holly and Berries Die isn't it elegant?

Finally I added Diamond Stickles to the fairy's fur trim, and diamond gems from The Hobby House.

I can't finish a post on the colours Green and Purple without reminding you all that these were the colours of the Women's Suffrage Movement. My Grannie (b. 1889) was a Suffragiste - ie pro-votes for women, but by less violent means than those espoused by Mrs Pankhurst's Suffragettes. So here is a Youtube link to The March of the Women written by the redoubtable (if not downright scary) Dame Ethel Smyth. If you scroll down from the Youtube march you'll come across her overture The Wreckers which is also a wonderful piece of music! Enjoy!

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, baby Pink, Blush; Purple, Amethyst, Orchid; Holly, Forest Green, Bright Green; Cool Grey 1

Comments

Sue said…
Gorgeous card Mags, I love the cute image and beautiful colours. Such pretty flowers too.
hugs Sue xx
scrappymo! said…
Good for your Granny...we have a song that we sing here for Women's Day called Bread and Roses.

Your card is lovely...such a sweet little fairy image.
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.fabulous colour combo and design and i love your image ;D

xx coops xx
mags said…
A lovely card Mags. A lovely image and you can't go wrong with using purple (my fave colour).
Mags
x
Jules said…
Hi Mags

A gorgeous card .. .. loving the colour combo and your layout.

Those flowers look amazing too.

One very special card.

Love Jules xx
Very pretty - such lovely, fresh colours, and I love the sparkly fur! Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comment... and I hope you enjoyed the Last Night of the Proms!
Alison x
Just wonderful, Mags - love the colours and image, TFS, Shaz in Oz.x
Gorgeous creation hun, love the colour combo you have used!
Hugs Shell xx
Annmaree of Oz said…
She so beautiful, gorgeous card! I just love the colours and image here, pop my name on this one! hehehe!

I really must get and make some more christmas cards myself!
Claire Dale said…
Gorgeous card Mags, and that image is just so sweet!

Claire xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.