Lovebirds

Good morning! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! I am about to watch some cricket on the telly while doing the ironing.

Before then, I have an engagement card to share. I have known the young lady since she was born, she is a lovely lass, but it is very hard to realise she's old enough to be married! It seems scarcely 5 minutes ago that she was a toddler!! I'm sure that time speeds up every year: did Einstein have an equation for that? Or is it Quantum?


I used an old digi from Squiggle Stamps - some of their images are now available from The Stamping Shack Well worth a look. I used Speccies to colour the image: I outlined each bird in the very palest (PP1 and BT1) colours to give a 'glow'. The hearts and flowers have dots of red Stickles added.

The mat is cut with a Spellbinders Heart Circles die. The sentiment was a freebie some time last year, I added Eucalyptus Stickles to the stars. I cut it with a Spellbinders die and also cut the same shape from red cardstock, cut it in half, and added it off-centre to give a shadow effect. (Thanks for the tip, Christina!

The pretty paper was also a freebie, though I can't remember its provenance! The rose is by Wild Orchid Crafts. The glittery ribbon and gems are from stash.

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Spectrum Noirs: BT4, 3, 2, 1; PP5, 3, 2, 1; DR7

Comments

Sue said…
Gorgeous card Mags, I love the cute image and the pretty hearts frame is perfect for it.
hugs Sue xx
Unknown said…
Hi Mags, was about to get to bed before the clock strikes 12 but just had to come and see you. This is just divine image and love that circle die, funny I have it too and gosh not used it for ages. Hope your weekend is going good. luv aNNIe :)♪♪
MaryH said…
Delightful love birds, so perfect on this occasion's card, as is the lovely S/Binder heart circle. Am liking that background paper as well...so delicate. Great coloring on the birds too. TFS & Happy ironing.
scrappymo! said…
This is a very pretty card. She is going to love it. The birds are so soft and pretty.

I love that heart trimmed die. It looks so good with this image.

Thanks for the tip about the red "shadow". I shall try that.
mags said…
A gorgeous engagement card MagsB. Super image and love the design and soft colours.
I know what you mean about time speeding up, scary sometimes.
Mags
x
Lynne in NI said…
Awww gorgeous card Mags, that's such a sweet image and perfect for an engagement card.
I always think of you when the cricket's on ... haven't heard the result, but hope it was a good one :)
coops said…
so stunning mags.the image is gorgeous and i love your beautiful design and colours :D

xx coops xx
Mrs A. said…
That circle of hearts die has gone straight on my wanted list!
A brilliant idea with the shadowing. Must remember that one for myself. Hugs Mrs a.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.