I'm the Urban Spaceman, honey

Does anyone else remember The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band? No? They were very good!

This week I have mostly been involved in our Church Holiday Club. The Church became 'Space Academy' with posters of the planets everywhere, space-themed bunting, and even a more-than-life-sized cardboard cutout astronaut! We were looking at the stories of Daniel and his friends (Shadrach! Meshach! Abednego! - the children shouted out the names every time they were mentioned.) It was great fun!

I made several Thank you cards for the organisers, using a cute Bugaboo Rocketman image. (And forgot to write down the Spectrum Noir colours I used - oops! Phasers on stun, Mr Spock!) This design was for the Commanders (the leaders and helpers for our 2 groups of children):


And this design was for the organisers:


The papers for both are from the Bo Bunny 'Blast off!' collection. On the second card I added a dot of a silver-grey Sakura gel pen to each star to give a bit of a shine, and used a Spellbinders die for the starry circular mat. The sentiment is LotV, it's meant to resemble a moon, I added stars stickers from Paperchase to cover the butterflies on the stamp to give more of an astronomical vibe! The fires and the blobs on the LotV sentiment are stickled in Orange.

Simples!

Well, the schools go back in the UK next week, and the cricket season is coming to an end. Another Summer is nearly over. (Or, for my Aussie friends, another Winter is nearly over!) I hope you are all keeping well, my lovelies! I apologise for not getting round to your blogs nearly as much as I'd like to, I love to see your inspiring creations! This crafting malarky is so varied and different, isn't it?!

We have had more good news about my daughter: her cancer is in remission (ie it's not growing any more)! There's still a long way to go - another 4 months of chemo - but it's such a relief to know that all the nausea and other side-effects are because the treatment is working!

Look after yourselves, m'dearios, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

scrappymo! said…
Great news about your daughter...makes the chemo side effects a bit easier to take when you know they are working!

Your cards are so cute...bet they loved them!
Unknown said…
These cards are great, and SO fitting for the occasion. I love those papers :) I'm glad things are going well with your daughter's treatment.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty
downrightcrafty said…
great cards
Hugs Kate xx
Di said…
Hi Mags

Super cards there! Even better is the news about your daughter :)

Oh yes, I sure remember the Bonzos - the last time I saw them was in cabaret in Newcastle in the late 60's! Showing my age there, sigh. Somewhere I probably still have Viv Stanshall's autograph :)

Hugs, Di xx
Donna said…
Hi Mags, hope you're well and it sounds like you had a lovely time at craft club! Your cards are so sweet, I love the little spaceman and your choice of DP's are spot on!

So pleased you've had good news concerning your daughters helath :) Donna ♥ x
coops said…
fantastic news for your daughter mags.
your cards are fab, i love the space theme and images :D

xx coops xx
mags said…
Two super cards Mags. Sounds like space acedemy was a fun week.
Good news about your daughter too.
Mags
x
Pia S said…
What fun, colorful space themed cards! They make great thank you cards for this occasion!
Jules said…
Hi Mags

Fabby card and great background.

Oh yes, I remember the Urban Spaceman song .. .. and if it was to come on the radio I would be able to sing along to every single word!! How sad is that!!! LOL!!!

So pleased to read your daughter is doing well with her treatment.

Love Jules xx
Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, these are absolutely gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x
Darnell said…
I feel like I have ESP, Mags. I haven't been by to visit for a while and Sacha has been on my mind, so I thought I'd drop by and there was your wonderful news about the remission! I'm so thrilled for all of you!!

Bless her heart, it's a long, hard road to slog through that chemo, but all that discomfort means the poison is killing the bad guys! Yay!!

Love your rocket card! You are too funny!! Hugs, Darnell
Oh that is such good news about your daughter hunnie xx

Your cards are fab love the image such a cutie!
Hugs Shell xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.