My Time to Craft #497 Other December holidays

 Hi there! A quick post today about the new challenge at My Time to Craft - our theme is Other December Holidays such as Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or New Year.

My first card is about Kwanzaa which wikipedia tells us is 'an African-American holiday started in 1966'.  I really enjoyed the bright colours I used on this card!


I used a die from Tattered Lace that came with a magazine, trimming the image to leave just candles and a bow.  Isn't it interesting how many celebrations at this time of the year include candles, or fire?  Think of the Yule Log of pagan Europeans, Diwali ('Festival of Lights') and St Lucy's Day when the Saint is shown wearing a crown of candles.

Anyway, I found a really colourful background paper, which is spot-glossed, by First Edition and spelt out the word using the Calligraphy alpha stamp set by Altenew.

My second card celebrates New Year.


The papers and ephemera all came from the December 2021 kit by Love from Lizi, which sadly is no longer available.

Check out the Challenge blog for more inspiration!

Thanks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

María said…
Wow these cards are full of colour and texture. I love how you've played with the layers and the decorations. Hugs, María.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.