My Time to Craft Christmas #50 New Year's Day 2023

 Good morning! Are you all ready for the holiday? Presents all wrapped and under the tree? Cards delivered to the neighbours? No, me neither!

Well, in a week's time we'll be getting ready to welcome in 2023, and so our new challenge at My Time to Craft Christmas is to make something for New Year's Day.  I have kept it simple, using die-cuts.


I used an old layering cover die by Sissix, the bottom layer is matte gold card and the top layer is a rather pretty magents.  The numbers were cut with an old Memory Box numbers set.  Very easy - though it takes a long time to dot wet glue over the die-cuts!

I hope you all have a lovely, relaxing Christmas.  American and Canadian friends, keep warm and safe in the awful weather you're experiencing.  Here in the UK we complain about the weather (It's tipping down with rain today) but we don't really know what bad weather is like in comparison.

Thanks for looking, enjoy the celebrations, and I hope all your presents come with batteries!

With a lorra, lorra love,

Mags B x

Comments

Lynne in NI said…
Beautiful card Mags, I love the colour combo you used! Hope you have a lovely Christmas! Xx
Becca Sadler said…
I'm reading this late on the 23rd and we've had -20 to -30 below zero wind chill and wind gusts between 20-50 miles per hour today. About an hour ago, I went to start our washer and the sensor kept shutting and repeating then the water line/machine would try to kick on!!! When I alerted my husband, he tried the different temperature settings and on hot, the water started flowing in but not for cool or cold. So he called a friend who had borrowed a propane heater, and went to the gas station to get the portable propane tank filled (station was due to close within 15-20 minutes!!!) and luckily the cold water line just needed a couple minutes of heat to thaw!!! If I had waited until Saturday morning, it might have busted the line. What a close call! As an American friend (Illinois), I appreciated your blog post line about keeping warm and safe. We are trying!! What's crazy is our forecast for this coming Thursday is to have 50 degree temps!! We'll feel like wearing shorts! :) Your New Year's card is elegant and colorfully festive!! I love the magenta, gold, and white combination! Blessings for Christmas and may you have a healthy and prosperous 2023! --Becca/team-mate
Mrs A. said…
Wishing you a merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.