Dream Valley Challenge 43 DT

Afternoon, all! I apologise for not being around much this week, I've had a dose of the 'flu. I know I'm poorly when I can't even read :( !

Enough of my woes, it's time for another challenge at Dream Valley! Our lovely sponsors this time are One Stop Card Crafts with a £10 voucher, and Bugaboo with $21 to spend on their fantastic digis!

This fortnight's theme is 'Hallowe'en.' Now, I don't really 'do' Hallowe'en, having problems with children being encouraged to knock on strangers' doors in the evening and demand sweets with menaces. I also know a lot of elderly ladies who sit in the dark all evening on October 31st because they're terrified of 'trick or treaters.' 

Enough ranting! I'm happy to make a spooky card for my son's birthday in December, and here it is.

The image is 'Zombieboy' by the superb Krista Smith of Saturated Canary. I used Promarkers to colour him. I put Rock Candy Stickles round the edge to give a faint sparkle - we have a family joke about sparkly vampires and zombies and werewolves!

The fantastic paper is from the 'Glowing' pad by Authentique which is a fab combo of black and orange. I stickled the spiderweb and Glossy Accented the spider. The fence is made with the Whiff of Joy 'Picket Fence' die which I trimmed to leave room for the spider.
The inside has some more of the gorgeous papers for the background and also the picket fence.

Simples! Though I have to confess it took me 3 days to make!!! Now you should stagger over to the Dream Valley site and have a gander at my teamies' great creations - Mel's is just delicious! Then have a go at your own creation - it doesn't have to be a card, or even made of paper! Just something spooooookyyyyyy!

Have a fab week, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Forest Green, Moss, Pear Green; Vanilla, Ivory, Burnt Orange, Bright Orange; Black, Cool Grey 1 - 5


Comments

Lynne in NI said…
Fab Halloween make Mags, gorgeous inside too!
I agree with you about trick-or-treaters ... we get a lot of kids at our door that I've never clapped eyes on before, and rarely an adult in sight to watch they're OK! Scary.
Doreen said…
This is fabulous mags,love your gorgeous image and fab details.xxx
mags said…
A lovely card Mags. I too struggle with Halloween as don't celebrate it at all. But you have done a great job here. Hope you feel better soon.
Mags
x
Caro-ART said…
Oh what wonderful card.
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags I adore your spooky card the papers and image are terrific, I share your sentiments about Halloween I am not a fan and always put a notice on the door to stop anyone knocking.
hugs
lorraine x
coops said…
so stunning mags.great design and i love your zombie boy.i don`t agree with trick or treating either so i make jack a treat bag up that he can have at home.

xx coops xx
Donna said…
Fab spooky card Mags, the spiders web is really cool :) Donna ♥ x
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear you've not been well Mags, hope you are on the mend now.

Very spooky Halloween card there, love saturated canary designs :)

Big hugs xx
Macpurp said…
hope you are feeling better !

Cracking card, love how you have done the inside too.

love teen xx
Macpurp said…
this is fab! hope you are feeling better

love teen xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.