A Musical Frog!

If you're looking for The Squirrel and the Fox bloghop please go here

It was my friend James's birthday last week. He's a very talented musician, with a very jolly sense of humour, so this little frog should amuse him! I love being able to personalise cards like this!


The image is Penny Black, from the 'Toadily' transparent set. I coloured him with Promarkers and Glossy Accented the front of his guitar.

I used 3 sizes of an octagonal Nestie to cut out the image and mats. The leaves and flowers were cut with Woodware punches, and so were the background squares. The banner is LotV, and the swirls have been stickled. There are tiny pearls in the centres of the flowers.

I made the paper by sponging Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers - on plain white card. Then I sprayed with Glimmer Mist to give it a sheen. The dots are stamped with Teal Stazon, using a Great Impressions background stamp. I'm ridiculously pleased with how it turned out!

I'm going to enter the Sketch Saturday challenge who have this fab sketch!

I hope you're all having a good Monday! Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Emerald, Grass, Pine; Henna, Chestnut, Tan; Pastel Yellow, Buttercup

Comments

Jules said…
Hi Mags

Great take on the sketch and love your embellishments alongside that cute little frog. I'm not surprised you are pleased with how it turned out .. ..its great!!

I am sure you friend loved it too.

Love Jules xx
Sue said…
this is gorgeous. I love the image and fabulous design

Sue
coldwaters2 said…
Oh wow Mags this is gorgeous I love that cutie image also the wonderful flowers a totally adorable creation.

hugs
lorraine x
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.i love the fun frog and really stunning design :D

xx coops xx
Faye said…
You've rocked this sketch! And who said blue and green should never be seen?! X
Kim x said…
Hi Mags
Love your background paper and the frog is so cute.
hugs Kimx
Lol You should be pleased hun, its fab! I'm sure James loved it & will treasure it!
Hugs Shell xx
Anonymous said…
Oh I love the sections and flowers and leaves all around! So cool! That frog is the cutest too!
Unknown said…
Hi Mags, love your card. A great use of our sketch! Love the image and all your lovely matching embellishments. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. Best wishes, Trish x
Vicky said…
Hi sweetie loving this beautiful creation, lush colours hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Sarn said…
Hee hee . . . fun card. I love it. xxx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.