My Time to Craft Christmas! #2 Penguins

 

Hiya! Well, it's been an exciting but rather sad day today! When we moved here in 1986 there was a beautiful dwarf weeping copper beech outside our door. It was always so interesting to see it put out delicate pink leaves in the Spring and watch as the summer sun turned them a deep copper red. Then in the autumn they faded to red-orange and finally fell to leave the elegant bare branches. 

Sadly, last year the tree died. The branches went dry and brittle and the leaves were very sparse. We finally bit the bullet and had it removed. Today the plot where it stood has been covered with grass. It looks very neat, but it isn't the same. 

At least there are still 3 lovely silver birches at the end of our cul-de-sac, which are just beginning to put out their first leaf-shoots. Spring is on its way! 

In the meantime we have the second of our Challenges at My Time to Craft Christmas! and our new theme is Penguins. I have used items from last December's Love from Lizi kit to make a Shaker card.
The gold-embossed sentiment and stars are from an old Altenew stamp set. The sequins include some adorable penguins which I had in my stash, they originally came from Little Things by Lucy. Her sequins are beautiful. 

I stamped, coloured and fussy-cut 3 penguins from Lizi's stamp set and lined them up on top of my acetate before putting the shaker card together. 

Go and see the adorable examples on the challenge blog and join in the fun! 

Thanks for looking, and stay safe. 

love Mags B x

Comments

KraftyKoolKat said…
Such a lovely cute creation Mags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Megan J said…
Hi Mags, love the little string of penguins on your shaker card... have a wonderful week.. Megan
Super cute make hun, I love the penguins faces!
We used to have a massive oak tree at the bottom of our garden when I was growing up. I used to sit & read by it all the time, it was my area for relaxing. Went back about 20 yrs after we moved out to visit people near by & the numptys had cut it down, not for any reason other than it blocked the light to the kitchen....get better bulbs then!!!

Stay safe
Hugs Shell xx
Lynne in NI said…
Awww what a sweet card Mags, your little penguins are adorable!
I'm sorry to hear about your copper beech, they are such beautiful trees - maybe you'll plant a new sapling when the weather warms up?

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.