My Time to Craft! #477 Animals.

Good morning, all! Welcome to a new Challenge at My Time to craft! Our theme is Animals.

I have been digging through my older stamps and came across two adorable images by Penny Black.  The frogs are perfect for a friend who volunteers at a Community Farm where they have a lot of frogs in their pond.  The second is for a couple who have just announced their engagement and who love Birdwatching.  


I found some paper in my stash that looks like water splashes which seemed just right for the image! The sentiment is gold-embossed and is from a stamp set by Altenew full of 'Happy Birthdays' in different fonts and sizes.  I underlined the sentiment with a couplw of shiny green peel-offs by Love from Lizi.



For the background of the geese I wanted a paper with some bright orange and found this one by Basic Grey many years ago.  The sentiment is cut with an old die by Clearly Besotted.  I used a Scallop Corner Chomper on the top corners and brushed Peeled Paint around the edge to give more definition.

Both cards are to the same basic design, but they look quite different!

Check out the Challenge blog for some more fab examples, hunt out your favourite animal stamps and join in!

Thanks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x


Comments

Becca Sadler said…
Mags: Thanks once again for making 2 inspiration projects for the animal theme! It helps and both cards are quite charming! Grateful Becca
María said…
Wow awesome cards. The stamps are perfect for both cards, they are adorable and you've chosen the right papers on the background for them. Great job. Hugs, María.
Lynne in NI said…
Aww these are lovely Mags, Penny Black stamps always look fab no matter how old they are!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.