My Time to Craft #478 Lots of layers - at least 3, please!

 Hiya! Happy Friday! Welcome to our latest Challenge at My Time to Craft! where we'l like to see Lots of Layers!

My first card was made for my new Grand-nephew, born last weekend.  I used Sketch 46 from Operation Write Home with a little adjustment to the central panel.


The papers are very old! So is the stamp, which is by Hero Arts.  I stamped the image on the cardstock oval and coloured the crown and beak with Copics, then stamped twice more on patterned paper, fussy cut, and layered them like decoupage.  The sentiment is heat-embossed in blue and I added Nuvo Glitter drops for a bit of bling.

My second card is 5" x 7" and is very Old Skool, using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles dies.  




I hand cut the polka dot paper to fit inside each die-cut, then layered them with foam tape.  The flowers and leaves are made using punches, and I added more Nuvo drops to the flower centres.  No sentiment yet, as I'm waiting for the right occasion.  I really should use my Spellbinders dies more often!

Check out the Challenge blog to see just how many layers my teamies' have put on their cards! But don't worry, as long as there are at least 3 on yours that's ok!

Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend!

love Mags B x


Comments

Becca Sadler said…
Mags: These are both fantastic cards! Congrats for the great nephew! That's exciting for your extended family! And the sweet polka dot is amazing! Both cards are great for the DT commitment! Thanks again for making a 2nd card to help us have a good number of inspirations for readers!!! --Becca S
Lynne in NI said…
Awww how lovely to have a new baby in the family. Love the card you made - that DP is perfect for your birdie stamp! And great idea to leave the sentiment on your pretty layered card just waiting on the right occasion!
Janis Lewis said…
Sweet card! Janis
Blog, Pause Dream Enjoy
Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges, Anything Goes
Design Team, Let’s Craft & Create
Design Team, Christmas Crafts All Year Round

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.