My Time to Craft Christmas #29 Angels for Christmas

 

Hi there! I hope you're all looking forward to a relaxing weekend with plenty of time to craft. We have a new Challenge at My Time To Craft Christmas and out theme is Angel(s). Let's see one or more angels on your Christmas cards!

Now, I know it's only the beginning of March, but it's less than 10 months until the Big Day - and think how pleased you'll be to see a nice pile of cards ready for posting in December! I have made 2 cards, because even though I make them through the year I still had to do some intensive cardage last November!

The first is a CAS card made with an image from a Paper Smooches set (I'm so sad that they are no longer trading.)


I used a Lawn Fawn stitched square for the image and the mat is embossed with the same gold that I used for the stamping.  The embossing powder is Royal Gold by Love from Lizi, it's gorgeous! The sentiment is from an old Clearly Besotted stamp set.

For my second card I went with silver embossing powder (Silver Dollar by Love from Lizi - so pretty!)


The image is an old one by Stampelglede, I must have had it for 10 years! Such a gorgeous vintage look.  The background is blended with Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Oxides which I sprinkled with water to give a cloudy effect.  This is a smaller card (4 x 5.25) so I will probably use it as a tag.

Isn't it interesting how one technique (heat embossing) can result in 2 very different cards?

Anyway, do go and see my teamies' creations, as usual they have been very inventive.  Then join in - there's no time like the present!!

Thanks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

Love your angel card with the beautiful sentiment. Your second has a beautiful vintage look.
Faith x
Becca Sadler said…
Mags: These angel themed cards are heavenly! Yes, I said it. Both are elegant with the first being simple and classy and the second being vintage and nostalgic. Again like for MTTC last week, thanks for making a 2nd inspirational card to help enlarge our selections! With much appreciation, Becca

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.