My Time to Craft! #501 Vintage or Shabby Chic.

 Good morning! We have a new Challenge for you at My Time to Craft! where the theme is Vintage or Shabby Chic.  This is always a challenge for me, as both are outside my comfort zone!

I made a Shabby Chic tag:


I used an image and sentiment from an old magazine gift of papers and toppers based on the Flower Fairies by Cicely Barker.  I tore strips of patterned paper for the background, distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a strip of lace to the right side.  I used some of the paper in the kit to die-cut three butterflies, and pearls from my stash along their bodies.  Then I used a couple of pink ribbons for the tie,

I also made a Vintage-y card.


The papers, birds and sentiment are from Stamperia's 'Patchwork' collection (sadly this seems to be out of print.).  I cut and tore out the pieces that I wanted and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.  I added a button and 3 resin flowers from my stash.

I enjoyed the challenge of working i a genre that I'm not very familiar with!

Check out the blog and see what my teamies have created!

Thaks for looking and take care!

love Mags B x

Comments

María said…
That tag is adorable and it has a very delicate design. And the card is wonderful, I love how you've played with the papers and layers. Hug, María.
Becca Sadler said…
Your vintage/shabby chic projects are gorgeous!!! You've done very well with your elements, layers, aging, and combining it all together! Well done!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.